Sites help convey the necessary information to the audience, serve to promote goods and services, can be used for communication and carry a lot of popular functions. At the same time, own web page can be very useful – or fail to achieve set goals. And all because there are quite a lot of types and types of sites, and in order to implement your own plans, you need to understand what final result can be achieved in each specific case.
Why a website can be a great solution
Here are three simple and clear reasons why you should start your own website:
- Reaching a large audience. Before buying products, about 47% of people look at company websites, especially when they are at the top of the search rankings.
- Ease of access. This is an opportunity to receive the necessary information 24/7 from any point with the Internet.
- Creating an image and increasing interest. Successful design and well-chosen content will not only attract and retain the attention of potential customers, but also help create a sense of trust.
Types and types of sites
By type, sites can be divided into two groups, informational and service. At the same time, there is no clear classification, since certain features can be characteristic of both groups. As for the types, there are many of them, there are very simple ones, on one page, and more complex ones, with many transitions, drop-down bookmarks, other highlights. Let's consider the types of sites that are most often found:
- Business card. This is a small information site with a simple and convenient design, containing basic information about the company and contacts for contacting its representatives.
- Corporate. Usually, websites of large companies are designed in this style with a mandatory logo and corporate colors. They are distinguished by a detailed structure and a large volume, which contains a variety of information from contacts to the offered services. The information is arranged in headings – catalogs and prices, product reviews, thematic articles, sections for customers and partners, information on payment and delivery, and more.
- Online store. The site is clearly focused on the buyer, his tasks – arouse interest and convince the visitor to purchase the product/service. The structure of the site includes a catalog, price, shopping cart, payment and delivery methods, other tools that allow the resource to work as a full-fledged store with a large number of consumers and without employees and the need to rent premises.
- Promo. It allows you to promote new products without referring to the main platforms of the manufacturing company. In fact, it is an advertising tool that provides complete information about a product. In terms of volume, it reaches about 5-10 pages and cannot boast of a detailed structure, but it is distinguished by a bright original design.
- Showcase. Such a site – something between a promo and an online store. The main task is to promote certain goods with the provision of information that can interest a potential customer. At the same time, the storefront does not allow you to make an online purchase, but it allows you to make a request and leave data for feedback.
- WEB applications. These are multifunctional resources that can be used to perform many operations, from product accounting to payroll and tracking various business processes. Programs are developed in such a way that users can open them both on PCs and laptops, and on smartphones or tablets. WEB programs are distinguished by the ability to deploy, scale, and ease of access.
This list is far from complete, depending on the existing task, you can use blogs, file exchanges, entertainment and news portals, bulletin boards and other possibilities of the Internet space.